Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:35:53 -0800

Like you say, people shouldn't be installing Swig by hand. It should
just work.

Now, why isn't it working? That would be great to know. It helps if you
guysers could post logs from the installs, preferably with -vv verbosity.

How do I test this stuff? PyBOMBS has some Docker-based testing built
into the repo. For most distros, this'll spin up the appropriate Docker,
and then install everything from scratch. I know it installs SWIG then.
The problem is, when people run on their own desktop, there might be all
kinds of settings and configurations going on.

For those specific, situations, we need more and better bug reports.
Obviously, suggestions for fixes (and actual fixes) are also important.
So, please submit those whenever stuff fails.

Thanks,
Martin