[Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : Buffers in GNU Radio based receivers

From: sumitstop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : Buffers in GNU Radio based receivers
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:25:13 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I was wondering how GNU Radio implements receive buffer while receiving the
data from an SDR.

Is it like a very long circular buffer. The UHD thread starts filling the
buffer from one end, meanwhile the receiver thread also starts processing
it.

The time when UHD thread reaches the end of circular buffer, it starts
writing again from the start of buffer.

Could anyone explain how it actually happens in GNU Radio or in general for
any receiver ?

Context : I am developing a Wifi receiver. It works pretty good in
simulation, but during real-time operation, it is missing the preambles most
of the times. I suspect because the preamble is gets spitted between the
short packets which UHD is putting into my buffer.

*Apology if the post doesn't pertain to the mailing list :)

Regards

Sumit