[Discuss-gnuradio] Can't open properties window in GRC after update

From: MarkO
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't open properties window in GRC after update
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:10:20 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

I try to make the story as short as possible:

- installed GRC 3.7.10.1 from source via script on Ubuntu 14.04.
- decided to update from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04.
- couldn't start GRC anymore
- reinstallation via script -> didn't work
- completely removed everything of GRC I could find
- reinstalled GRC 3.7.9 via apt -> OK, worked - used it awhile

Today:
- updated to GRC 3.7.10.1 via script -> so far everything in GRC works,
except opening a properties window of a block.
No matter if old or new grc-file or which block I want to edit. tried:
double click, hit return as one is marked, reboot system, totally remove GRC
and reinstalled .. nothing worked

Is there any known solution for such case?

Regards,
Markus