Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSEGV, VOLK, aligment problem etc...

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSEGV, VOLK, aligment problem etc...
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 15:27:41 +0200

That bug has should have been fixed:

commit 6baa4c86c5e1f5889e44a4e8e38750b0de3bf061
Author: Nathan West <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Mar 9 00:10:08 2016 -0500

    fft: replace fftwf_malloc with volk_malloc

    fftwf might not be compiled with AVX, which results in improper
    alignment when fftwf_malloc'd buffers are used in VOLK kernels. To fix
    this, just replace all fftw_malloc/fftwf_free calls with
    volk_malloc/volk_free calls with whatever alignment VOLK claims is
    needed.

You should update your GNU Radio and (the included) Volk. If your `gnuradio-config-info --version` reports v3.7.9.2 or v3.7.9.2-18 (or >18), your GNU Radio should already contain that bugfix. If the version is below v3.7.9.2-18, something went wrong during updating your GNU Radio.

Best regards,
Marcus