[Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSEGV, VOLK, aligment problem etc...

From: Serdar KOYLU
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIGSEGV, VOLK, aligment problem etc...
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 18:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hello...

I'm currently (as one month and nice..) too far away my lab and home (approx 6000+ km in ocean).

With this reason, I don't reply for passed messages.. I'm sorry.

FFTW_MALLOC vs. VOLK_MALLOC problem?

In 26 March, i send a message to this list, contains an information for a buffer overflow problem with AVX2 extensioned VOLK machine.

I update quickly update my GNURadio installation with latest GIT repo, for 26 March. But same problem occurred :( I check sources, with found a possibly error case: AVX2 aligment problem. I manually search&replace code with all fftw related  malloc/free calls to volk replacement. But, many times same problem occurred. I think problem occurred with 1 errored result for per 5 try.

Later, I start tried for other codes. But can't experiment any case for this case, in other samples, such as turbo code etc.

Currently, I'm to far away my testbed. I don't remember concrete details. But my plan, tomorrow or next day, home sweet home :) I can think too many help for this condition, after arrived to my test caveat..

Best regards..