Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft seg fault

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft seg fault
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:47:10 -0400

On 03/26/2016 06:13 AM, Daniel R. Marlow wrote:
On Mar 24, 2016, at 8:29 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

Hi Marcus,

     Thanks.   That was very helpful.   If there was an instruction to run the
setup_env.sh script I missed it.    I was flying a bit blind there, because the
link to the PyBOMBS web page from the GNUradio TWiki---i.e.,

leads to a non-existent page.

     When I ran the setup_env.sh script, things started to work.  That's a good thing!    I am
concerned, however, that I have a mixed installation.   What is my best move?   "rm"-ing
all of the PyBOMBS stuff or just leaving well enough alone (I realize that this question may not
have a "closed form" answer, but advice would appreciated nonetheless).

Best regards,
Dan

Pybombs default behavior is to install everything under your own user directory, so that no sudo privileges are required, and setup_env.sh
  sets various environment variables to make this "work".

The Gnu Radio website has undergone some changes lately, and Pybombs itself has been radically upgraded as well--so there are some
  dangling documentation pointers.

The best thing to do since you have a "mixed" installation, and an apparently-working Pybombs-based install is to use your package tools
  to remove the installed-from-binary-packages stuff:

sudo apt-get purge gnuradio gnuradio*
sudo apt-get purge uhd uhd* libuhd*

address@hidden:~/21cm$ uhd_fft -1420M
Segmentation fault (core dumped)