Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Grc RFNOC block error

From: Nikos Balkanas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Grc RFNOC block error
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 20:20:50 +0200

tyvm:)​

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Jonathon Pendlum <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Nikos,

1) The Fosphor RFNoC block does not compute a FFT. It does the averaging and persistence.
2) For RFNoC flowgraphs, you want to use a RFNoC Radio block so you do not transition out of the FPGA processing domain as would happen the USRP source / sink block. We want to stay in the FPGA processing domain for as long as possible before transitioning to host processing.
The QT display is used to display Fosphor's output on your PC / laptop's monitor. Everything related to actually displaying graphics is done on the host, but the computation to generate those graphics is done on the FPGA.

Jonathon