[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio OOT -- Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: Aayan Chadhary
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio OOT -- Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:34:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I have written OOT source and sink blocks for gnuradio, essentially following the guidelines in http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModules
.  The gnuradio version is 3.7.2.1 in ubunut-14.04 .  Everything works fine except a weired problem.

1. If I launch the gnuradio-companion (grc) after installing my blocks, the grc crashes with the following message:
    linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.005.005-0-unknown

   Segmentation fault (core dumped)

2. However, if I un-install my blocks and after that launch the grc,  reinstall the blocks, and reload blocks then everything works without any error.

In the blocks I am using our own C++ library. The same library we are used  in other projects (not gnuradio related) and never faced any issue. It appears like linking of this library in the blocks is not being handled properly. I have spent a great deal of time in trying to resolve this issue but without any success. To this end, any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Aayan