[Discuss-gnuradio] ZeroMQ and Polar test failures on maint

From: Raj Bhattacharjea
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ZeroMQ and Polar test failures on maint
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:05:29 -0500

All,

I've just checked out and built gnuradio 3.7.9.1 (maint branch) from git today, and "make test" gives me the following failures:

The following tests FAILED:
     81 - qa_polar_decoder_sc_systematic (Failed)
     82 - qa_polar_decoder_sc_list (Failed)
     84 - qa_polar_encoder (Failed)
     87 - qa_polar_encoder_systematic (Failed)
     88 - qa_polar_decoder_sc (Failed)
    205 - qa_zeromq_pushpull (Failed)
    206 - qa_zeromq_pub (Failed)
    207 - qa_zeromq_pubsub (Failed)
    208 - qa_zeromq_reqrep (Failed)

I'm on Xubuntu 14.04, Linux 3.13.0, x86_64 arch with dual Xeons, and gcc 4.8.4. Other relevant details are in the attached cmake output.

I've seen the zeromq errors for quite a while when building versions of GNUradio, but polar FEC seems to be a newer feature and the tests are not passing. I always ignored the zeromq failures, but now that the list of failures has grown, I'm thinking I should figure this out.

Any clues for how to debug these failures? I don't know how the test infrastructure works, how can I run a single test at a time? Can I run them in valgrind or gdb? Can I increase the verbosity of the testing so I have more than a binary Pass/Fail output?

--
Raj Bhattacharjea, PhD
Georgia Tech Research Institute