Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Weird install problem, GR 3.7.8.1

From: Frederick E. Stevens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Weird install problem, GR 3.7.8.1
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:10:53 -0600

Thank you.  I will check out with git when I get the chance.

Cheers,

Fred
On 11/12/2015 02:07 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
The fix for this was already put into GNU Radio's maint and master branches, and will show up in the 3.7.8.2 and 3.7.9 releases.

If you are using git to obtain GNU Radio, you can update to get it right away.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:49 PM, John Coppens <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:42:35 -0800
Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Frederick E. Stevens <address@hidden
> > wrote:
>

> > As I recall, this behavior has cropped up in 3.6 and 3.7 of gnuradio for
> > me but it wasn't much of an issue at the time.

This afternoon, I had some time to trace where the problem originated. It
seems that on some systems (mine ;) the test for isinstance(category, str)
doesn't work, as the type of category is actually 'unicode'. (This is
on Slackware 14.1 + some mods from -current).

I changed to isinstance(category, basestring), which captures both str
and unicode.

(This is around line 130 in BlockTreeWindow.py)

I've submitted a bug report for this - which was accepted.

John

Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services