[Discuss-gnuradio] Python Script Stalls

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python Script Stalls
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:39:21 -0800

I've written a python script that instantiates a top_block.py file (no GUI), sets the parameters, runs until 100 block errors are detected, stops the simulation and starts the process over with a new instantiation, etc..

The problem I have is that I randomly (as far as I can tell) have a problem where the gnuradio simulation stalls out during one of these simulations. Everything its supposed to be printing to terminal stops. I can still hit 'Ctrl-C' to get it to move on to the next simulation, and it will continue on working after that. But I can't figure out why it stalls such that all I can do to get it to move onto the next simulation iteration is hit 'Ctrl-C'.

For an example of what I mean by stall, I added a message debug block to my sim just to see if that also stopped outputting to terminal when the stall happened, and sure enough, it too was effected.

I can't recreate this issue when I just the radio from GRC. It always runs fine.

Has anyone experienced something like this when using python? What I do in python is pretty simple:

for nn in xrange(0,nsims):
    tb = top_block()
    time.sleep(1)

    --set a bunch of radio paramters--