[Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver

From: Daniel Marlow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:49:03 -0400

Hello,

   In the gnuradio/gr-noaa/README file under usrp_rx_hrpt.py, there is a comment that
reads as follows:

"The present HRPT demodulator is only tested at decimation 16.    The only other
valid decimation rates are 24 and 32, which may work, but with more bit errors.  No
other decimation rates will work."

    My (perhaps naive) question is whether the important parameter is the decimation
rate, or the sampling rate.   For example, with 64 MHz USRP, a decimation of 16 would
give 4 MHz sampling, whereas with a higher rate USRP, the same decimation would
yield a higher sampling rate.

    I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this point for me.

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow