[Discuss-gnuradio] Insert messages in queues?

From: madengr
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Insert messages in queues?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 20:38:14 -0700 (MST)

If I'm using a block that has a message port output, is there a way to put
those messages into a message queue?  For instance:

self.message_queue = gr.msg_queue()
self.msg_connect((self.gsm_control_channels_decoder, 'msgs'),
(????message_queue????, 0))

I have used gr.msg_queue() with blocks.message_sink() but that only accepts
items such as complex, float, etc.  I need to take the messages generated by
any old block and parse them outside the flowgraph.

>From what I have read, I thought all blocks that handle messages have
queues, so shouldn't I be able to pop them directly out of that block?  I
guess I'm confused.  Are there two type of message passing; an old one that
uses queues, and a new one that uses PMT?

Thanks,
Lou