Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig and python import problem due to other out-o

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig and python import problem due to other out-of-tree modules used in my out-of-tree module
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:32:27 +0200

Hi Jeon,

typically, you'd call a FindSomething function in the root CMakeList

  find_library(GR_DVBT_LIBRARY
    NAMES
      gnuradio-dvbt
    PATHS
      /usr/lib
      /usr/local/lib
      /opt/local/lib
      /sw/lib
  )
or so. I guess "gnuradio-dvbt.so" should be the name of the installed
gr-dvbt library -- please verify that this is correct.

Then add  the resulting library name to the target_link_libraries
directive in lib/CMakeList.txt:

target_link_libraries(<project_name> ${Boost_LIBRARIES}
${GNURADIO_ALL_LIBRARIES} ${GR_DVBT_LIBRARY})
and
target_link_libraries(test-<project_name> ${Boost_LIBRARIES}
${GNURADIO_ALL_LIBRARIES} ${GR_DVBT_LIBRARY} <project_name>)

How is CMake able to find the headers you need to compile your module?
If you have written functionality to detect these headers, you can
probably do the same for the compiled gr-dvbt libraries.

Greetings,
Marcus