Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues Installing From Source

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues Installing From Source
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:42:50 -0500

On 03/04/2015 10:40 AM, Peter Witkowski wrote:
Hello,

In the past, I've always used the build-gnuradio script to install everything with great success. This ensures that I have all the latest versions of both GNU Radio and UHD.

However, I recently got a new machine and installed Ubuntu 14.04 on it (I haven't had any issues with 14.04 before). I updated the OS to the latest version and then tried using build-gnuradio. Immediately I started having issues. First, the script was unable to install git, cmake, and other dependencies. However, I was manually able to do a "sudo apt-get" on all of these packages and at least get to the point where the script tries to install UHD.
This is the first I've heard of it having problems doing the pre-req installs. If you run build-gnuradio with -v, you get more details about why. If the underlying OS tooling is falling over, there's very little that build-gnuradio can do about it. It has as much troubleshoot-and-repair
  ability as a moribund gnat.