Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Python Block

From: Ludwig Stephan (CR/AEH4)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Python Block
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 07:03:26 +0000

Hi Richard,

I noticed the same problem with some blocks in my own OOT module. I do not know why, but if you change the lines in the GRC file to (if not already done)

<import> import my_module.my_block_name_here</import>

<make>my_module.my_block_name_here.my_block_name_here(…)</make>

(note the double block_name in <make>)

I do not remember right, but it might also be sufficient to change only either one of the lines (you have to try on your own).

You can try by calling the from python. E.g. IPython has tab completion and you can see  by import my_module.<tab> (and so on for the make line), what block is how accessible.

Regards Stephan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Stephan Ludwig

Robert Bosch GmbH
Corporate Sector Research & Advance Engineering, Communication Technology (CR/AEH4)
Renningen
70465 Stuttgart
GERMANY

www.bosch.com

Tel. +49(711)811-8809
Fax +49(711)811-1052
Mobile +49(172)5630639
address@hidden

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel, Christoph Kübel,
Uwe Raschke, Wolf-Henning Scheider, Dr. Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller