Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Python Block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Python Block
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:38:20 -0500

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 5:31 AM, Ludwig Stephan (CR/AEH4) <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Tom,

as far as I understood the original post, we talk about pure python blocks, hence no impl.cc file. My experience is that gr_modtool makexml does not work for these blocks. I will try to reproduce the effect and will post this – but not before mid of next week.

Regards

Stephan

Ahh! Thanks for pointing that out. I had missed the fact that it was a Python block (and I rarely work with them myself).

Ok, I think the fix for that is to add a "from x import *" into the __init__.py file for the module where x is your Python block. We should test this and add it to gr_modtool to avoid this confusion in the future.

Tom