[Discuss-gnuradio] Running a GNU Radio Companion generated code

From: Daniel Camara
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running a GNU Radio Companion generated code
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:05:31 +0100

Hi people,

  Sorry for the dummy question, but I didn't find a simple and direct answer searching around for this. (Not need to say also that I am just starting with GNU Radio... :)

  OK I have a code, generated with Gnu radio companion that i want to run over the command line to follow with GDB. I was under the impression that if I simply got the code generated in the ~/.grc_gnuradio, add the

----
def main():
    """ go, go, go """
    top_block = [CLASS]()
    top_block.run()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    print 'Blocked waiting for GDB attach (pid = %d)' % (os.getpid(),)
    raw_input ('Press Enter to continue: ')
    main()
----
as stated at https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsDebugging it would run to attach GDB. However, i am getting the following error:

---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ieee802_15_4_phy.py", line 120, in <module>
    main()
  File "ieee802_15_4_phy.py", line 115, in main
    top_block.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/hier_block2.py", line 53, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._hb, name)
AttributeError: 'hier_block2_sptr' object has no attribute 'run'
---

The code runs correctly on Gnuradio companion! No problem whatsoever!  Which would be the correct way to run the code auto-generated by gnuradio companion in a stand alone way?

  Thanks in advance...

           Daniel

--
    Best regards...