[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11

From: Stefano Banti
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 08:58:51 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to overcome a limitation of gr-ieee802-11, which is due to the fact it must copy a fixed amount of samples in the ofdm_sync_short block; the consequence of this is that is non possible to capture all of the wifi frame on the air; if you copy 40 sym and there was a frame start after 35 sym you lose it. At the moment I have failed to overcome this limitation, so I'm asking if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm experimenting with this great work, in the area of 802.11a rtx using my B200 at 20Msps and my home 802.11a modem. For experimenting purpose, I have implemented 2 blocks, one for frequency offset estimation and correction, and one for equalization based on pilot carriers. I have also modified ofdm_sync_long to add LT frequency correction. My work is based on paper "Frequency Offset Estimation and correction in the 802.11a WLAN (2004)", wich you can find on the web. I can see a lot of traffic at 6Mbit bpsk, but not all of the frames, and frequency offset correction can reach 200khz of cfo with correct decoding.

thanks in advance

Stefano