[Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with deinterleave block from a file source to U

From: Ruben.Merz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with deinterleave block from a file source to USRP sink with x300
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:58:58 +0000

Hello,

I have the following setup: a file source, a deinterleave block and a USRP sink
(see the attached .grc and related .png). This setup is a test to distribute
two different signals on two channels of the USRP x300 (the file source loads a
binary file with alternated channels containing 64 bit long IQ samples - 32
real followed by 32 imaginary - channel 1/channel 2/channel 1/channel 2/etc...).

The hardware is a USRP x300 with two wideband SBX (SBX-120) boards.

Now, the above setup used to function without a hitch. But recently, it
completely freezes gnuradio. Basically, I start the flowgraph and quickly get a
large number of 'L' and no signal is transmitted. The only thing I can do is
then to kill gnuradio-companion and related python processes.

The interesting thing is that if I replace the deinterleave block by a "stream
to streams" block, everything works fine. I am bit puzzled as to what I am
missing.

The operating system is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (updated state), UHD is the head of
the maint branch, and gnuradio as well (UHD_003.007.002-2-gdb35bf46 and
Gnuradio: 9dcb5067c55a0630c9edca6b62a32b1f8e633930). Firmware is also the most
recent. I have attached the .grc, and the binary file I am using can be
obtained here:
http://www.net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de/~ruben/files/sine_test_10kHz_20kHz_cpx_float_2chan_interleaved_1MSs.bin.

Assuming there is not something wrong in my .grc setup, how do I debug this
issue?
Thanks for any suggestion or help,
Ruben