Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:25:11 -0400

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Perper <address@hidden> wrote:
W dniu 08.08.2014 o 11:53, 奕佑 pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I have the same problem before. After adding the virtual function in
> include directory and other are done.
>
> You need to "make clean" and after that you just make and make
> install. The "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute" will
> solve.
>
> I have no idea why the swig won't update when you add new virtual
> function in include file if you have done make.
>
> Jeff Guo

Hi,

I also ran into this problem that SWIG files aren't generated again when
I change a block interface in a header from "include/" directory. I
always have to make clean when I do that in order to successfully
compile. Can it be easily corrected by editing cmake files?

Piotr Krysik

Are you guys sure about that behavior? Any change to an include file that's referenced by SWIG (if you're using gr_modtool to add new blocks, then this is always true), then any change, even just adding a space, to the public header file will trigger a rerun of swig. You should /not/ have to run "make clean" ever time you update your header file.

In fact, I often find this problematic if, for instance, I accidentally save a silly change in block.h that launches a rebuild of everything.

If you're honestly seeing this happen, we'll definitely try to track down the reason why.

Tom