Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification

From: 奕佑
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:42:21 +0800

Hi Piotr,

We are not saying gr_modtool are the root problem, you can add a virtual function in gr-yourmod/include/yourmod/myblock.h and implement virtual function in gr-yourmod/lib/myblock_impl.h myblock_impl.cc. Before you add virtual function, you compile module first. After add virtual function, compile it again and check virtual function is in gr-yourmod/build/swig/myblock_swig.py file.

Best,

Jeff Guo

W dniu 08.08.2014 o 15:25, Tom Rondeau pisze:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Perper <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     W dniu 08.08.2014 o 11:53, 奕佑 pisze:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I have the same problem before. After adding the virtual function in
>     > include directory and other are done.
>     >
>     > You need to "make clean" and after that you just make and make
>     > install. The "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute" will
>     > solve.
>     >
>     > I have no idea why the swig won't update when you add new virtual
>     > function in include file if you have done make.
>     >
>     > Jeff Guo
>     >
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I also ran into this problem that SWIG files aren't generated
>     again when
>     I change a block interface in a header from "include/" directory. I
>     always have to make clean when I do that in order to successfully
>     compile. Can it be easily corrected by editing cmake files?
>
>     Piotr Krysik
>

> Are you guys sure about that behavior? Any change to an include file
> that's referenced by SWIG (if you're using gr_modtool to add new
> blocks, then this is always true), then any change, even just adding a
> space, to the public header file will trigger a rerun of swig. You
> should /not/ have to run "make clean" ever time you update your header
> file.
>
> In fact, I often find this problematic if, for instance, I
> accidentally save a silly change in block.h that launches a rebuild of
> everything.
>
> If you're honestly seeing this happen, we'll definitely try to track
> down the reason why.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I created the project with gr_modtool. Now I cannot confirm that there
was any error in gr_modtool as build system in projects created with
current version of this tool act as you describe. It's probable that I
accidentally changed something that resulted with such changed behaviour
of build system in relation to SWIG generated files.

Best Regards,
Piotr