Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:37:39 +0200

On 07/27/2014 06:17 PM, Mike wrote:
> I followed the tutorial to generate a module and all was well. My square
> module worked. I then created a new module invert_bb. This also worked.
> So far so good. Now a few days later on I get AttributeError: 'module'
> object has no attribute 'invert_bb' and I have no clue as to why. The
> previous QA tests that passed before now fail. I have not been able to
> find much documentation and Google does not seem to help, lots of people
> with this error, no solutions. Any idea why something would work one day
> and not the next?

Mike,

the QA infrastructure works in a isolated environment, and doesn't need
installing. So get that working first. I'm assuming you have a qa test
named qa_invert_bb.py. So, make sure your GNU Radio install is OK, then
go to your OOT's build dir, and run

$ ctest -V -R invert_bb

(see the tutorial page
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsDebugging
for an explanation).

The error message output will help you debug your problem.