Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Smith Chart in GNU Radio

From: MITUL VEKARIYA
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Smith Chart in GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 07:54:49 +0530

Hello

Problem solved. I removed the QApplication() from the example. Matplotlib was used for plotting, no need of qApp!!

Thanks
Mitul Vekariya

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM, MITUL VEKARIYA <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

I am trying to figure out how to use smith chart as a sink in GNU Radio.
I made an OOT (https://github.com/mitul93/gr-smithchart) using pyQT by following Tim O'shea's work.
It is merely a skeleton, still lots of work to do.

I made two versions of smith chart - one using pyQT and another using matplotlib (ploar plot).
After executing example_smithsink_numpy.py when I close the graph, the program won't stop. I tried to write an close_event() for the graph, but it didn't work. Is it happening due to the fact I am using it with GNU Radio?

To display data point on graph, shall I use message passing or simple vector input?

Also please give me your feedback about expected function that I must implement in smith chart.

Thanks
Mitul Vekariya
Institute of Technology
Nirma University