[Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs and FAT32

From: Mike Willis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs and FAT32
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:31:14 -0000

I am a bit short of disk space on my laptop, which is dual boot with a 128Gbyte SSD with only 10GBytes devoted exclusively to Linux. Pybombs installation of Gnuradio has now grown to use over 5 GBytes so I though why not put all the source code on my FAT32 partition on a 64Gbyte SD card. Unfortunately with pybombs this generates very many error messages about not being able to change file permissions and modes. It’s so busy printing error messages trying to extract boost from the tar file that not a lot gets done for a long time.

Does this matter and why is boost (1_53_0) now so enormous anyway?

Mike