Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correct

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correctly ?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:31:37 +0100

Ok, Artem,
as has been pointed out:
Do this in a separate thread with indicative subject.

Then: The problem now *obviously* has been reduced to the audio
interface in the VM.
If that's what your application needs, then consider contacting the
developers of the virtualization solution, or just stick with the
obvious: Virtualization strives to make the running of a guest OS but
a process in the Host OS. So, if asynchronizity up to the point of
distorted audio occur, it's not a GR problem, insist on that as much
as you want, but a problem of doing things that need real time
operating system interaction (though with relatively large tolerance
and intervals) such as audio output in a VM which has seemingly not
been configured correctly to do this.
You already proposed a workaround - use a network sink. It jumps
through a fraction of the loops to get your audio out of the VM into
your host.

Sincerely,
Marcus

PS: regarding your throttle confusion: You can trust Martin. And: Read
the full paragraph. It is clear. You miscite the sentence out of context.