Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correct

From: Artem Pisarenko
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correctly ?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 06:04:04 -0800 (PST)

I realized what's the problem !!! Enlightenment has come accidentally :D

Block performing blocking calls based on time calculations can't schedule
processing correctly, if there are other blocking calls present in cycle. In
other words, two blocks disturb each other, and no matter whether they
time-synchronized or not. Also I've beent thought a little and realized that
it's not even possible to make block recovering from that (operating in
current gnu radio scheduler implementation).

So, I guess final solution is to make two versions of my source block:
time-synchronous ans time-asynchronous. Or define this property via
parameter.

Thanks all for responses !