Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio in particle accelerators

From: M Dammer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio in particle accelerators
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:36:58 +0100

Hi Aylons,
I have no answer here. But talking about Gnuradio and nuclear physics I
want to add my idea to your question:
Would it be possible to use Gnuradio in a (home made) Gamma Spectrometer
? These spectrometers usually work with a multichannel analyzer that
measures the pulse height coming from the detector and then sorting the
heights into bins. This is similar to the histogram GUI element found in
GRC, but the counting is accumulative until a timer or manual
interaction stops it. The big difference between SDR use and nuclear
instrumentation is that while SDR mainly works with a constant stream of
data the latter mainly deals with transient pulses.

Mark