[Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio in particle accelerators

From: Aylons Hazzud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio in particle accelerators
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:14:01 -0200

Hi, people. Anyone here has experience using Gnuradio or USRP as an
instrumentation tool (I mean, not for actual radio transmissions)?

After years studying, hobbying and working with SDR, I've just learned
that they are very similar to particle acceleator instrumentation, in
a very pleasant way: I was just hired to work on one, precisely
because of the skills acquired with my SDR projects.

Moreover, this particular project (Sirius, in Brasil), has adopted an
open hardware and free software attitude, which makes the use of
Gnuradio particularly interesting.

Has anyone worked with this kind of instruments using Gnuradio? Is
USRP a good tool for this kind of job, or you can think about any
limitation?