[Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio flowgraphs in workerthread

From: Alex3371
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio flowgraphs in workerthread
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 07:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello guys,

would it affect the performance of my GNURadio-programm negatively if I
tried to run my GNURadio flowgraphs in a workerthread instead of the
mainthread. In the mainthread I would like to implement a custom wxPython
GUI.

Also, I still do not understand what the happens when I call wait() and/or
stop(). I have two flowgraphs, one for receiving and one for transmitting
with the USRP2. Both use a gr.head block and run to completion after they
have proccessed a certain ammount of samples. I did some testing and it
seems to work fine. But still I would like to know if the following lines of
Code make any sense:

main():

receiver = receiver_class()

transmitter = transmitter_class()

while(1):

______receiver.run()
______transmitter.run()
______# reset the head blocks and some other stuff:
______update_attributes()

Can I use run() OR should I use start() + wait() OR start(), wait() + stop()
?

Regards
Alex Peterson