Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] clock synchronization by message passing

From: Jay Prakash
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] clock synchronization by message passing
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 01:18:25 +0530

I went through the stream tagging pdf.

The tags from source has time,freq and rate.

I am interested in insuring that transmitter sets a particular frequency of transmission ie Tx_Next_freq and time at which the transmitter starts sending data packets at an instance.

The set_command_time as you suggested should work.

I see the features being implemented in Pre-cog.Can I get a heading of how has these two features been insured?

The sole purpose of my questions is setting a synchronized frequency hopping and unbroken data transfer at these hopping channels.

I have a set of TX frequencies [f1,f2,..........fn]
and Receiver two has the knowledge of the frequency table.

Now I have a file and want to send certain chunks at different frequencies and insure Receiver receives them without error.
For this Receiver will have to be synchronized with Tx and hop instances of rx/tx should not be lagging.

Setting time of transmission/freq hop from tx side and getting rx_time info from tags can help in establishing the channel I want.

Please help me figuring out the synchronization with respect to Pre-cog implementation.

Jay Prakash