Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] How to Travel Commercial Airlines wi

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] How to Travel Commercial Airlines with USRP
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:39:06 -0400

Agreed.  I've always checked mine - no problems.  But I carry on my satellites.  EVERYONE wants to get a look at that at the security checkpoint.  :)

On Sunday, June 9, 2013, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Bruce Penswick <address@hidden> wrote:

Quick question: I'm flying commercial for a work-trip, American Airlines from Los Angeles to Dallas, and I need to bring my USRP N200. How can I bring it with me? Does anyone have any experience flying commercial airlines with USRPs?

I recommend you put it in your checked luggage, with appropriate padding.  I've flown many, many times this way, both domestically and internationally, with no issues.

When I've tried to carry them in my carry-on luggage, I sometimes get my bag re-run through the machine after having to take them out, but never any real issues, just annoyance.  When asked, I've described them as test equipment, with no further questions.

I've had more problems with a screwdriver and SMA wrench than with USRPs.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services

--
Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob