[Discuss-gnuradio] How to Travel Commercial Airlines with USRP

From: Bruce Penswick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Travel Commercial Airlines with USRP
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 12:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:

Quick question: I'm flying commercial for a work-trip, American Airlines from Los Angeles to Dallas, and I need to bring my USRP N200. How can I bring it with me? Does anyone have any experience flying commercial airlines with USRPs? Should I put it into my checked-in luggage? I'm afraid it would get flagged as something dangerous, and they'd rip open my luggage. Do you think I could carry it on-board the plane, after security makes me open it and they look inside it? Or is it just going to create too many problems, and would I be better off just mailing it to Dallas ahead of my trip?

Any thoughts, advice, experiences would be much appreciated!!
Thanks for your help!!

Best Regards,
Bruce P.