Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: Gnu radio not completely installed on Ubuntu

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: Gnu radio not completely installed on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:27:40 -0500

On 13 Feb 2013 10:19, Johnathan Corgan wrote:

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras <address@hidden> wrote:

for me it did not work, with a different error. As I need gnuradio today I just have put back my backup, maybe I will be able to have a closer look this evening.

I can verify that on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 32-bit desktop system, the build-gnuradio script completes successfully and all QA now passes.  Tom verified the same using Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit desktop.

Johnathan

I ran it last night on an up-to-date 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system, and it ran without issue.

When reporting "it didn't work", you're best to run with --verbose, and provide the last page or so of logging output, to help us determine if you had some kind of transient failure, or there's an actual problem.

Since build-gnuradio does a *lot* of different things, and its default mode is to be quite terse, just getting a "it didn't work" doesn't really help anybody help you.