Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi-tone carrier wave

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi-tone carrier wave
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:21:22 -0700

Also, remember that USRPs use quadrature down-conversion, so if you set the sample rate to 20 MS/s, you can see 20 MHz, not 10 MHz.

Cheers,
Ben

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Nazmul Islam <address@hidden> wrote:
You can add three sine waves and send them using a single carrier. However, in this approach, the separation of the sine wave frequency components will be limited by the sampling rate.

Let's assume that you can obtain a 20 MS/s sampling rate in your system. You can cover 10 MHz frequency band with this sampling rate. If you use a carrier frequency of 902 MHz, you can send different sine waves up to 912 MHz frequency in this approach.

Thanks,

Nazmul