Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about OpenBTS

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about OpenBTS
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 01:50:29 -0400

If it's with his own phones it's a grey area, for others obviously
it's not legal. USRP's can get into a grey area when not used as
"Testing Equipment" pursuant to
http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/15.121 .

To answer your question, both USRP1 & 2 can handle the signal, so it's
up to your preference. SMS-CB would most likely work for simple
messages.