[Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio on mint - libboost problem

From: concernedconsumer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio on mint - libboost problem
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 01:10:18 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

We are trying to install gnuradio on our home laptop running mint
12.  ./configure for gnuradio indicates that the boost libraries could not be
found. After reading the READMEboost, I downloaded the latest boost,
boost_1_49.tar.bz2. This version of boost uses bootstrap and configure
to install. The boost lib files are installed:
/usr/local/boost_1_49_0/lib/library files

include headers are in:
/usr/local/boost_1_49_0/include/boost/hpp file

I have added:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/boost_1_49_0/lib

Attached are outputs from the .bootstrap and ./configure commands for gnuradio.
Any thoughts suggestions for getting ./configure to see the libboost files? Have we
correctly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for our boost lib/include locations

Thank You,

Sincerely,

J.