[Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark_tx.py (OFDM) with XCVR245

From: Florian Schlembach
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark_tx.py (OFDM) with XCVR2450?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:18:17 +0100

Hey guys,

we are trying to get run the tunnel.py / benchmark_rx.py (OFDM) in order to measure the datarate between two USRP2 (located with distance of 1 m) with daughterboards XCVR2450.
We are running the benchmark_tx/rx.py as follows:

benchmark_tx.py -f 2.4G --tx-gain=10 --tx-amplitude=0.8 -v
benchmark_rx.py -f 2.4G --rx-gain=4 -v

We already tried to tune the parameters by analyzing the spectrum by gnuradio-companion. It looks reasonable and the SNR is round about 20 dB which should be fine?
Unfortunately, we don't get any packets transmitted. The RX side always says TIMEOUT.

Our configuration is as follows:
- Ubuntu 10.04
- gnuradio 3.5.1 (installed freshly)
- UHD firmware version 003.003.001
- XCVR2450

Has anybody already got the tunnel.py/benchmark_tx.py run with a similar configuration? Has anybody an idea what we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help! Best Regards, Florian