Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and Parrallel Computing

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and Parrallel Computing
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:12:57 -0500

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Alex Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
And I remember that
Eric Blossom
has a paper describing the GNURadio scheduler on parallel architecture. But I don't remember the paper name.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Alex Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

We want to fully utilize the multi-core/GPU archtecture to implement the GNURadio based signal processing flow.
Are there any official materials summarizing the usage for the so-called TPB (thread-per-block) mechanism in the GNURadio community? Or related papers are also appreciated.

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.

Hi Alex,

Good project to work on. I don't know any papers on the TPB scheduler. If Eric wrote one like you mentioned, I'm not sure where it would be :) If you or someone else is aware of it, I'd love to get the reference so we can link to it on our site (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/AcademicPapers)

In the meantime, I recommend looking at GRGPU and Will Plishker's work from Univ. Maryland. He just made a CGRAN project out of it:
https://www.cgran.org/wiki/GRGPU

--
Tom