Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on FreeBSD 8.x

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on FreeBSD 8.x
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:46:24 -0600

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 04:17:32PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> I wrote
> build-gnuradio specifically to help deal with the "I just want to look
> at signals" issues that people were having (and because it was very
> convenient for me). Nothing stopping *someone* with *BSD experience and
> motivation from doing a build-gnuradio variant for *BSD. But most of the
> folks involved in Gnu Radio use a Linux variant, so naturally, Linux is
> better supported.

As I mentioned before, we appreciate your script and I used it to get
GnuRadio running under Ubuntu. I'm afraid to 'upgrade' that since it
might break and it is the only 3.5 version I have working.

If I ever get the FreeBSD script working, it will be available. Also
Diane may make a FreeBSD port (will need uhd and gnuradio tarballs at
some fixed location).

> Hardware-specific stuff has been slowly being
> decoupled from Gnu Radio for a couple of years. UHD has been around for
> that long, and is basically a separate package from Gnu Radio proper.
> And within UHD, the pre-built firmware/FPGA images are also separate.
> Again, build-gnuradio knows where to get them, and where to install
> them--for Ubuntu and Fedora.

And josh has fixed some things to improve that but there are still a few
issues I am trying to isolate.

> Unless there's a horrible bug in
> std::ifstream on FreeBSD, then it really *did* find that .rbf file where
> it claims to have found it, and pushed it down to the USRP1.

Hard to understand since the file is NOT there. I think the printed line
is probably different from the actual directory used.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net