[Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD

From: LRK
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:52:11 -0600

  The current GnuRadio now builds under FreeBSD using my script. Volk
is disabled in my script because it did not build and I have not looked
into that.

  The UHD code will not build the USRP1 or other USB code because since
FreeBSD 8.0, USB code is included in the FreeBSD kernel code. libusb-1.0
has not been ported to FreeBSD because it is not useful. libusb-0.1 was
working with earlier versions but never very well.

  The UHD cmake demands libusb-1.0 to build the USB device code without
checking to see if libusb code is available in the kernel. My old 3.2.2
code (ported by Diane and tested by me) works under FreeBSD 8.2 using it's
libusb20.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net