Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:34:42 -0800

On 01/05/2012 07:52 AM, LRK wrote:

>   The current GnuRadio now builds under FreeBSD using my script. Volk
> is disabled in my script because it did not build and I have not looked
> into that.

What was the error and what is the git hash of your build?

I had a build error with the cpu type detection at build time. Fixed it
here:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/commit/?h=maint&id=4c6316e12456650b56fab2aa5bbca273a972b1c6

>   The UHD code will not build the USRP1 or other USB code because since
> FreeBSD 8.0, USB code is included in the FreeBSD kernel code. libusb-1.0
> has not been ported to FreeBSD because it is not useful. libusb-0.1 was
> working with earlier versions but never very well.
>
>   The UHD cmake demands libusb-1.0 to build the USB device code without
> checking to see if libusb code is available in the kernel. My old 3.2.2
> code (ported by Diane and tested by me) works under FreeBSD 8.2 using it's
> libusb20.

Libusb lists that there is a freebsd version:
http://www.libusb.org/wiki/libusb-1.0#Portability

Maybe UHD just needs to look for a different library name.
Something simple like this: http://pastebin.com/vtANjJtX

-Josh