Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with python blocks [attn: jblum]

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with python blocks [attn: jblum]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:54:43 -0800

On 12/06/2011 06:39 PM, Paul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 12:44:17PM -0800, Josh Blum wrote:
>> Whats your OS? I have tested it on a few recent ubuntus and fedoras, and
>> windows with a recent boost.
>
> Arch.  Everything is wacky new because of rolling release.  It's
> super easy to get going if you build a test box, and I will
> happily produce gnuradio build suite, based of something I found
> in AUR but tweaked to taste.
>
>> Does the qa code for the python blocks run for you?
>
> I don't know how to run just those, so I ran them all...
>
> test> 99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 92
> test>
> test> Total Test time (real) =  92.74 sec
> test>
> test> The following tests FAILED:
> test>          27 - qa_block_gateway (Failed)

So it looks like everything else passed which included gr_feval (another
thing in gnuradio-core that uses swig directors).

It looks like the last recognizable thing the thread calls (from your
traceback) is the swig director used in gr_block_gateway:
#7  0x00007ffff46ca774 in
SwigDirector_gr_block_gw_handler_safe::call_handle (this=0x1b5ef90)

So perhaps, if the problem is the director, and if we remove the things
that are different from gr_feval, this might work for you? Can you try
this patch: http://pastebin.com/nThT5RBj

I wonder if anyone else on arch has the same issue?

-Josh