Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:06:45 -0400

On 07/19/2011 08:50 AM, Miguel A. Vallejo, EA4EOZ wrote:
Marcus D. Leech wrote:

Just on a hunch, try:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

Before you start any of the above applications.

Yes!, It works!

OpenGL has, in my opinion, become a festering sore of incompatibilities
and weird edge conditions. It used to work reliably on just about
anything, but not anymore. Newer version of OpenGL require various
extensions in your display hardware, and will fail in weird ways
if your display hardware doesn't have what it expects. The above
environment variable is supposed to instruct OpenGL to use software-based
rendering and ignore the hardware. For the simple 2-D stuff we do in
Gnu Radio, Software-Based rendering is just fine.

Completely agree. Why use a monster like OpenGL to make simple 2D graphics?

I'd love to see gnuradio lose the opengl requirement. I makes things a nuisance getting the qt stuff built on the E100 also.

Philip

Thnak you for your tip.