Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer questions

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer questions
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:47:18 -0400

Sorry for the brevity, traveling abroad and only have my phone. I am
the author of the MAC code in cgran and have a paper on the work, give
it a read: Enabling MAC Protocol implementations on software-defined
radios. It gives you an idea of what all we did to gnu radio to build
Macs and what the speedups were. Basically, it becomes a fundamental
limitation of the phy and Mac, rather than loss due to the high
latencies.