Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP2 full duplex mystery solved

From: Marc Epard
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP2 full duplex mystery solved
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:12:42 -0500

On Mar 14, 2011, at 8:53 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

> On 14/03/2011 9:42 AM, Scott Johnston wrote:
>> Does anybody have an example of how to setup a full duplex app?
>>
>> I am using the uhd with the USRP n210.
>>
>> Marc Epard wrote:
>>> I've been attempting to do a full duplex send/recv using UHD on a USRP2
>>> with an XCVR2450.
>
> The XCVR2450 *hardware* doesn't support full-duplex at all, so no amount of
> cleverness on the software side can change that.

Although the XCVR2450 doesn't do full duplex, the WBX does, and current UHD
avoids the problem I described in my previous message. However, the WBX has
enough internal leakage between tx and rx that we gave up on
single-daughterboard full duplex. We now use a USRP2 with a WBX for tx and a
USRP N210 with a DBSRX2 for rx.

As for examples, I'll try to clean up my C++ app and post it later this week.
GRC works fine full-duplex, too, I believe.

-Marc