Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Who actually *does* use GNU Radio?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Who actually *does* use GNU Radio?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:43:57 -0500

On 01/21/2011 02:26 PM, Ben Hilburn wrote:
I'm a graduate student at Virginia Tech, and I assure you that GNU
Radio is used _heavily_ in our labs.  As I write this, there are
probably 3-4 groups in my vicinity hacking on GNU Radio projects.

People posting projects on CGRAN or posting to the listserve is
probably not an accurate reflection of the amount of work going into
GNU Radio, or being done around GNU Radio, at any particular time.

Cheers,
Ben
This is an excellent point.

In the commercial space, people working on Gnu Radio related projects are unlikely to want to talk about those projects publically--at least until the product brochures are ready :-)

Similarly for certain government uses of Gnu Radio.

Hopefully, with the advent of the Gnu Radio conference that Tom talked about, some of the projects that have been cooking over the last several years will get some exposure. If I can attend that conference, I certainly will, and I'll attempt to get a presentation or two together.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator