[Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of samples_per_symbol on benchmark_qt_loopback

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of samples_per_symbol on benchmark_qt_loopback2.py
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:42:24 -0700

When I run gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital/benchmark_qt_loopback2.py
I get a strange dependence on samples_per_symbol.

I would naively have expected that the more samples per symbol the
better, however:

python benchmark_qt_loopback2.py --samples_per_symbol 10
produces no errors

whereas
python benchmark_qt_loopback2.py --samples_per_symbol 11
produces lots of errors

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Cheers,
Ben