Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of samples_per_symbol on benchmark_qt_loop

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of samples_per_symbol on benchmark_qt_loopback2.py
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:55:36 -0700

In case anyone else happens to be interested, it appears that you need
a lower value of freq_alpha for the frequency lock loop
(fll_band_edge_cc) if the number of samples per symbol is higher.
I'm pretty sure that an unstable fll was causing the errors I was seeing.

python benchmark_qt_loopback2.py --samples-per-symbol 11
produces lots of errors and lost packets

python benchmark_qt_loopback2.py --samples-per-symbol 11 --freq-alpha 0.005
works fine (default freq-alpha is 0.01)

Cheers,
Ben