Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio meetup at the 2010 SDR Technical Confer

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio meetup at the 2010 SDR Technical Conference, Washington, DC
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Tom:

Thanks for organizing this. I would REALLY like to attend the conference and
also this meeting, but I already have commitments for that week that I can't
re-schedule. But I am planning on going next year. Is the conference run every
year? Is it always held in Washington D.C.?

So I had another idea I'd like to propose to the community. Would anyone be
interested in attending informal and regular GNU Radio User Group (GRUG)
meetings, similar to the Linux User Group (LUG) meetings that are held
regularly in cities all over the world? I am located in Boston, so if there's
some interest, I'd be willing to organize an initial meeting in mid-January in
Boston/Cambridge. With any luck, we could hold such meetings every other month
or once per quarter. Please let me know if anyone would be interested.

Steve McMahon